When it comes to pain, almost all of us experience it at one time or another. For those who suffer from the worst kinds of chronic and acute pain, the experience can often be excruciating. Regardless of the source of the discomfort, it is simply human nature to want to get rid of the pain as quickly and as easily as possible. The LGMedSupply LG-3000 Basic Tens Unit with 3 Treatment Modes is marketed as a device that can accomplish those goals. The question is: does it live up to its hype?
Pain relief medications are not a panacea
The fact is that far too many people are forced to rely upon pain medications that can often have unwanted side effects. Anyone who has ever taken prescribed narcotics or other heavy pain medication is only too familiar with the grogginess and virtual stupor that can often result from their continual use. Until now, most people have had no alternative to enduring this zombie-like state.
Electricity can be your friend
On the other hand, electrical stimulation for the treatment of chronic aches and pain has a long history, with luminaries such as the great Benjamin Franklin having been strong proponents of the technique. Still, it was not until recently that the technology to bring this therapeutic methodology into people’s homes came to fruition. Today, TENS units are smaller, lighter, and more portable than ever before.
An electrical current’s healing powers function on a variety of different levels. The current releases serotonin in the body, as well as neurotransmitters within the spinal cord, that serve to block the transmission of pain signals to the brain. Much like chemical medications, the TENS does not actually get rid of the underlying cause of the pain. What it does do, however, is prevent that pain from being felt by the patient.
What does this device claim to do?
The LGMedSupply LG-3000 Basic Tens Unit with 3 Treatment Modes should be evaluated in terms of what it claims to do. Like other TENS units, it obviously relies upon a claim that it can reduce pain levels and enable pain sufferers to resume many of the activities that have been taken away from them due to their suffering. The manufacturer also claims that many of its customers have been able to stop taking their pain medications altogether. The latter is an assertion that, if true, should appeal to many patients who have long been bound to their prescription pills.
The contents of the package
When the LGMedSupply LG-3000 Basic Tens Unit with 3 Treatment Modes is purchased, the consumer receives a package that contains everything he needs to begin using the product for pain relief.
- The three-mode TENS unit
- Four electrodes that can target multiple areas at once
- The necessary battery
- A handy carrying case
- A full five-year warranty from LGMedSupply
The machine in action
The device is likened to those employed by professional therapists in physical therapy sessions. With three treatment modes and the ability to control the frequency and intensity of the pulse, the unit provides the ability to customize the treatment plan to meet individual needs. The device is also portable, which makes it a useful therapeutic tool for those who want to use it for pain relief while at work or in the car.
Advantages to using this TENS
For anyone looking for a perfect TENS unit to evaluate the effectiveness of this treatment method, the LGMedSupply LG-3000 Basic Tens Unit with 3 Treatment Modes seems to be a good place to start. While prices can vary depending upon the purchase location, the price of this unit is all but guaranteed to be lower than other models of its size. Of course, this lower price has a lot to do with the fact that many other TENS units contain five or more settings and use AC power. Still, for a low-cost alternative to some of the more expensive models, it would be hard to find a better choice.
The reports are in!
Even so, the best way to evaluate any product like this is to listen to the field reports of actual pain sufferers who have tried it for themselves. For a device that consistently receives the maximum five stars from consumers who have reviewed it online, it is difficult to summarize all of the great things that users have said about the product. Here are just a few samplings of the praise, as well as a few negative comments that have been made.
- Perhaps the most commonly heard refrain is that the unit works as well as those found in chiropractor and therapist’s offices. For a unit that is no bigger than a deck of playing cards, that is high praise indeed.
- Many users report that the unit does a wonderful job relieving their lower back pain. This group includes not only people with chronic back pain, but athletes who simply use the device to relieve occasional muscle aches.
- Still others comment frequently on the amount of power that is provided by this unit. These users seem surprised to find that a device that runs on a simple nine-volt battery could provide that kind of jolt.
- A few consumers have reported malfunctions with their particular devices, though such reports appear to be few and far between.
- Others have complained about the controls and how difficult it can be to read them
- A few people even went so far as to note that the device can, if the user is not careful, actually produce too much power. One man who prided himself on being somewhat tough actually noted that he let out a girlish scream before turning the power setting down.
The final judgment
The consensus, however, is weighted so heavily in favor of the device’s many benefits that it would be almost impossible not to recommend the device. For chronic pain sufferers everywhere who are looking for a new and viable way to manage their pain, the LGMedSupply LG-3000 Basic Tens Unit with 3 Treatment Modes is an affordable choice that has consistently received many rave reviews from those who use it.