Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cheebles/public_html/holistichomefitness.com/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
I use to live in a small apartment in Madrid. To be honest, there wasn't enough room to swing a cat, so had I found the Weider Total Body Works 5000 back then, I would have saved a lot of money on the gym fees. Now, I am not a body builder and this gym would not be suitable for someone who wants to get huge, but it does work all the muscle groups and it folds away for easy storage. Those would be my basic requirements living in a small flat.
The Weider Total BodyWorks 5000 Gym has a brilliant space saving design. Its rolling seat can be adjusted on the incline, which means it can be adjusted for a variety of intensities while exercising.
The Weider Total BodyWorks 5000 home gym gives you an all round workout with 50 exercises using body weight as resistance. In addition you also get 50lb of additional resistance using the durable resistance bands to increase weight. Used with the incline of the bench, your body weight becomes the weights system of this gym.
As mentioned previously, there are exercises for all the major muscle groups – arms, abs, shoulders, back, hip, thighs and calves. The workout guide that comes with the gym will teach your which exercises hit which muscle groups and also how to carry out the various exercises safely.
The cable and pulley system gives you a good range of motion and greater versatility so that you can perform a wider range of exercises that increase muscle strength and flexibility.
The Weider Total Body Works 5000 is very similar to the Total Gym, so you may be wondering which is better. Well, the Total Gym is a lot more expensive, and looking at the reviews online, the Weider seems to stack up pretty nicely against the Total Gym.
Another difference between the two is that the Total Gym comes assembled, whereas the Weider needs to be assembled (though it is fairly straightforward).
For my money, I would go with the Weider Total Body Works 5000.
Footprint of the the Weider Total Body Works 5000:
Height – 49.5 inches
Width – 26.5 inches
Length – 71 inches
Let me just summarise the main points about the Bodyworks 5000 home gym:
- Over 50 exercises to help define your arms, shoulders, abs, thighs, back and calves.
- Body weight is used for resistance in this innovative home gym.
- Unrestricted cable & pulley system giving you a better and more complete range of movements.
- Uses 4 adjustable power bands to help increase the total resistance.
- Adjustable incline to change the intensity of your workout.
- Space-saving design means you can use and store this gym in a small area.
- Workout guide teaches you how to do exercises and which muscle groups they target.
I think that this home gym is a high quality product from a name that we have grown to trust over the years. Its easy to setup and use, and will fold flat for easy storage. For those with limited space, this home gym should be a series consideration.
What people are saying about the Weider Total Body Works 5000 Home gym:
I have included some of the comments below.
- I looked at the “Total Gym” machine (the one pushed by Christie Brinkley and Chuck Norris)…. Then I found this item, the Total Body Works 5000. I could not find a single negative review for it, anywhere. I bought it. I love it. Even though I've been working out for years, I am impressed. It will help free up a lot of space in my basement!
- I'm on my second one, now. The newer versions have thicker board padding, better quality vinyl, and some improvements in the wielding.
- My body is hurting. I've checked this and the total gym out before buying and i have to say save yourself a couple hundred dollars and get something that may not have the same name, but does absolutely the same thing.
- I had been shopping around for about 3 months for an exercise machine that would work the whole body not just abs or thighs. This did it. There are so many exercises to do, you never get bored. I checked out the total body gym with chuck norris and kristy brinkley, but the price was so expensive I would still be paying for that. I needed something that was worth the money at an affordable price and I found it. The Weider Total Body Works 5000, just like the expensive Total Body Gym, but a third of the price. I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything. I can honestly say without a doubt I would recommend it to anyone.
- I am a fairly large guy at 6'2″ 218 lbs and this thing really works me out! I am use to working out with free weights so I was skeptical that it would do enough for me. But I was severely wrong.
- Space saving Design
- Rolling seat
- Adjustable incline
- 50 super pack additional resistance
Where can I buy the Weider Total Body Works 5000 Home Gym?
Some of the best deals to be had include FREE SHIPPING on the Weider Total Body Works 5000