Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cheebles/public_html/holistichomefitness.com/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
I don’t know about you, but when I shop online, I love the words “bundle”, “lot”, and “package”. It all boils down to more stuff for your money and is usually priced better than if each piece was purchased individually. I LIVE for packages. This listing certainly caught my eye, and I couldn’t help but wonder what was packaged with the Tanita BC-1000 Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Monitor. Well, guess what? It is one BIG package with a lot of useful items. No “fluff” or extra DVDs or little pamphlets. This package has REAL useful fitness equipment included.
What’s All in That box?
- Tanita BC-1000 Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Monitor
- Tanita D-1000 Remote Display
- Garmin FR-60 Black Fitness Watch
- USB Ant Stick
- Healthy Edge Software
Let’s Start from the Beginning
The Tanita BC-1000 Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Monitor is a very sophisticated monitor. It looks like a regular bathroom scale, but don’t let that fool you. It does a whole lot more than just check your weight. It:
- Wirelessly links data to the D-1000 display
- Wirelessly links to PC with ANT technology and Healthy Edge Software package
- Determines weight
- Measures body fat percentages
- Checks hydration levels
- Measures muscle mass
- Rates overall physique
- Monitors daily calorie intake with user input
- Determines metabolic age rating (so you know if there is a necessity for improvement)
- Bone mass determination (helps determine bone health)
- Visceral fat measurement (fat around organs)
- NO visible display
- All data transmitted wirelessly
The Tanita D-1000 Remote Display looks like a sleek digital clock. It offers:
- A blue backlit display
- Oversized LCD screen for ease of use
- Stores data for up to four users
- Can be used as a clock
- Built in stand for upright viewing
The Garmin FR-60 Black Fitness Watch is quite fashionable for a fitness watch. The oval face is attractive, as is the band. The battery has a one year life expectancy. The watch is/can:
- Receive all data from the BC 1000
- Track workout data on its own
- Send data to the D-1000 display module
- Track time
- Tracks heart rate
- Monitors calories burned
- Tracks lap times and averages
- Offer training alarms
- Virtual Partner to motivate elevated performance
- Offers thin, lightweight design
- Measure time of day in dual time zone
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
The USB Ant Stick certainly had me puzzled. Ants? Ew. But no worries. This is the necessary component to the entire package. It’s the glue that wirelessly holds everything together. Here’s what it does:
- Plugs into PC USB port
- Receives all data from the above devices
- Plugs all data into the Healthy Edge Software for tracking
Healthy Edge Software is what puts it all together on your computer. This software is NOT available independent from product purchase.
- Data is sent to the computer software
- Data is printable for up to 30 day range
- Graphs data over time
- Analyzes fitness programs
- Visual data helps users stay motivated
That’s A Lot of Fitness Power!
The great thing about all of these items is how they connect wirelessly with the ANT device. But don’t take my word for it. Here are what some of the customers who contributed to the five out of five star rating had to say:
People tend to be skeptical of a product that makes such lofty claims, but the Tanita BC-1000 lives up to its promises. The users highly recommend this product because you don’t have to write down or remember anything. all of the data is sent directly to the computer via the ANT and tracked for you. This extra step of connecting with fitness software is what makes this kit a cut above the others.
This package has a hefty price tag. But you have to consider the items you are receiving and compare the functionality and convenience to the cost of a gym membership or the individual components. The price tag is the one and only complaint of users.
The Tanita BC-1000 Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Package is currently available through Amazon.com and is in stock.
If you are looking for fitness technology that will tell you EVERYTHING about your current and ongoing level of fitness, the Tanita BC-1000 Ant+ Wireless Body Composition Monitor fulfill that need. Between the body composition monitor, remote display, fitness watch, USB ANT stick, and Healthy Edge Software, you can evaluate your current fitness level, watch its progress, analyze your workout, and make changes accordingly. It’s like having a personal trainer at your fingertips. By buying this as a bundle, you are assured that all of the components will work together as advertised. This will avoid any and all incompatibilities or other issues with products that require extra downloads to work together.