When I joined a fitness club a few years ago, the first thing they did was set me up with a personal trainer. We sat in a little room, me in my fancy workout clothes, ready to begin, and him in a wind suit and a clipboard full of questions. I embarrassingly answered every question about my diet and general lack of movement… I mean, exercise. Then he started the “calculations”. He pulled out calipers and calculators and whatever other torture devices he could find to determine just how out of shape I was and how difficult it was going to be to whip me into shape… a shape other than round. If it was today, I’d go for the Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor. Then I could suffer the humiliation of my lack of fitness at home.
For Those Who Actually ARE Fit
I realize that some of you probably WANT to know how fit you are. And that you actually ARE fit. Congratulations on that. If you happen to be one of those people, the Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor will tell you all you need to know and more.
Features of the Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor
- Body composition measurement
- Six sensors to check entire body
- Clinically proven accuracy
- Ninety day memory
- Seven fitness indicators: body fat percent; BMI; visceral fat level; percentage of skeletal muscle; resting metabolism; body age; weight
- Can be used as a scale
- Has hand sensors for full body evaluation
Seven Body Fitness Indicators
- Body Fat Percentage tracks whether you have too much or too little body fat.
- Visceral Fat Level is the fat around the organs in the abdomen. It is critical in development of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high cholesterol.
- Skeletal muscle percentage indicates the efficacy of your body in burning calories. The more muscle you have, the more calories you’ll burn.
- Resting metabolism determines the minimum level of calories you need to maintain your body each day. The resting metabolism helps you to plan and meet your needs for weight loss.
- Body age isn’t your actual age in years. It is a calculation of weight, body fat percent, and skeletal muscle percent to see how close your body age
- is to your calendar age. If your body age comes out too high, you can determine what kinds of lifestyle changes will help to improve it.
- Body weight is still, and always will be, an important part of figuring out fitness levels.
- BMI is calculated by this formula: BMI = Weight (lbs)/ (Height (in) x Height (in)) x 703. Sounds complicated, doesn’t it? Instead, let the Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor figure it out. The BMI can be used as a warning sign for impending health problems.
What Do Users Think?
It’s always best to find out what people who actually use a piece of equipment think of it. The Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars and this is what people are saying:
Most positive reviewers raved about how well built the Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and body Composition Monitor is, despite its light weight. Some users really put this unit to the test! They weighed themselves multiple times, with shoes, without shoes, and no matter what… the results were consistent.
You Can’t Make Them All Happy
A few people found that their readings were not accurate. Compared to the number that found them VERY accurate, it is questionable whether they were using proper form and technique. Some reviewers were very unhappy with the price.
The Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor is currently in stock at Amazon.com and qualifies for free super saver shipping.