Nobody should drive after drinking. Nobody. But can you be sure you’re not under the influence of alcohol? The AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer can measure your blood alcohol level quickly and efficiently to let you know for sure. And hopefully if your reading indicated that you are under the influence, you will have enough sense to stay out from behind the wheel or someone will take your keys from you.
The AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer is the latest to incorporate a PT Core fuel-cell sensor to enhance accuracy. The device should detect alcohol of up to 0.400% BAC.
Who Might Use This?
The AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer is being marketed to:
- Law enforcement for roadside screening
- Corrections officers
- Probations officers
- Substance abuse clinics
- Boating monitors
- Professions where fuel-cell accuracy and reliability is necessary
The AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer now has FDA 510K Premarket Clearance, which allows consumers to purchase them.
- Easy to read LCD display – large and clear
- Adjustable blowing time – controllable for those who have poor lung capacity
- Temperature display – displays ambient temperature
- Warning level Indicator – audible and visual alarm when BAC is surpassing point set by user
- Pressure Scan Sensor – ensures user blows with enough force to start test
- Automatic Pump – one button sampling
- Professional hard case with foam protection
- 2 AA batteries
- 50 individually wrapped mouthpieces
- User manual
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 year warranty
- Accuracy of ±0.01%
- Battery Life is 200 tests
- Slightly larger than some others at 5” x 2.63” x 1.25”
- 10-20 second warm up time
- Default 5 second blowing time
- Blowing time adjustable from 3-8 seconds
- 3 second response time
Blood Alcohol Content of .01%-.04% is possibly DUI (Drinking under the influence). .05%-.07% is likely DUI. .08% and above is DUI. An example of the blood alcohol content of a 190 lb. man who has had 4 drinks in an hour would be .08% or above. If he had those 4 drinks over 2-3 hours, he would likely be between .05% and .07%. Values vary by what a person has eaten, body type, sex, health status, and more. But this example shows that it really does not take much to impair function when drinking and that anyone who has been drinking alcohol should NOT get behind the wheel of a vehicle.
If you are purchasing this to make sure you don’t get caught drinking and driving, make a better choice. Select a designated driver or take a cab. Leave these devices for the professionals and just DON’T drink and drive. It may sound like a message you’ve heard a million times, but it is an important one. You may be impaired way before you feel it for yourself. Your reaction times will be slower and you could cause an accident.
To determine how well the AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer works, it’s probably best to ask some people who have used it. The current rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Consumers who have purchased the AlcoHAWK PT500 say that it has become the hit of several parties for entertainment as well as figuring out who shouldn’t be driving home. Many users were surprised to find their levels testing high when they didn’t even feel a “buzz”. This makes the tool even more useful, because people realize that they are impaired even before they feel it.
Only one user offered a negative review, but was very satisfied with Amazon’s customer assistance in obtaining a refund.
The AlcoHAWK PT500 Breathalyzer is currently in stock at Amazon.com and is eligible for free super saver shipping.