Finding the time to work out can be in an incredible challenge. Many of us work, have children, maintain households, commitments, and barely have time to take care of ourselves. The TrekDesk Treadmill Desk gives multitaskers the ability to work out while doing desk work.
Is It a Treadmill or a Desk?
The answer is: both. The TrekDesk helps users lose weight, burn calories, enhance health, and even improve mood. This design is being marketed toward employers to help improve productivity of their employees as well as offering great strides in overall health.
A New Way to Work
For those of us who sit at a desk all day and suffer from discomfort, stiffness, leg pain, back pain, or other ailments, the TrekDesk may just be the answer to making working more comfortable. If you use the TrekDesk, you aren’t sitting at all. You are actually standing… and walking. By setting the speed at a comfortable walking pace of about one mile per hour, users can talk on the phone, use a computer, and complete most other necessary desk-related tasks easily, all while walking.
This unconventional desk has some very well-thought out features:
· Workspace is 72 x 34 inches
· Manuscript holder
· Four level file tray
· Stand for telephone and headset
· Two cup holders
· Adjustable for users between the heights of 5 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 4 inches
· Supports up to 55 pounds of office equipment
· 58 pounds total
· Folds for easy storage
Treadmill and Motivation Not Included
The TrekDesk is compatible with most treadmills; so the good news is, if you already have one, you should be able to use them together. The two year manufacturer’s guarantee is included. As for motivation? Let’s talk…
According to the Mayo Clinic, which is supposed to be pretty darned reliable, there are 7 HUGE benefits to regular exercise. If these don’t motivate you… well, maybe you should go back to those cookies and the rest of us will just read on.
- You’ve probably heard the word “endorphins”. Well, exercise releases those and they stimulate your brain to be happier. It actually boosts confidence, self-esteem, and helps prevent depression!
- Exercise can actually help you PREVENT some diseases. Seriously. You could prevent high blood pressure, improve your cholesterol numbers, prevent type 2 diabetes, and even prevent some cancers. Oh, and as for heart disease and osteoporosis? They’re afraid of exercise too.
- Get rid of the spare tire. And not the one in your trunk – of your car, that is. You probably knew this one. You move; you burn calories. You burn calories; you lose weight.
- This might surprise you, but exercising will actually make you energetic. I know I always think that exercise is going to exhaust me, but guess what? The opposite is true. When you exercise, oxygen is circulated through your body with the increased circulation of blood. Everything works more efficiently and as a side effect – you feel good.
- Regular exercise helps you sleep better… and not because you’re exhausted from working out. Exercise can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep during the night. But DON’T work out too close to bed time. Remember the point about giving you some energy? Pretty sure you don’t want that before bed.
- Sex. Did I get your attention? Exercise gives you energy, makes you look better, improves your mood, and can actually help with female arousal and male erectile issues.
- It’s FUN! Don’t roll your eyes. There are tons of options for physical activity. The TrekDesk allows you to sneak in activity without having to give up extra time you could be using for something else. Why not give it a try?
The Real Deal
The best way to find out about a product is to review what people who are really using it have to say about it. The average rating for the TrekDesk is 4.5 out of 5 stars, and this is what people are saying about it:
“I have been waiting for months for the TrekDesk to be released. I ordered mine minutes after receiving the email that it was available to order (I was on the waitlist). I had lofty expectations for this product. Now that I have been using it for a few days I can safely report that TrekDesk has met all my expectations. I am thrilled with my new office routine!”
“I love my TrekDesk! If you are working from home – it's a great way to work and burn calories! I would highly recommend it.”
“I was being laughed at by all my coworkers about this quest to walk all day as I worked, using the phone and the computer intensely. They said I couldn't walk and type or walk and talk without being compromised in focus or quality. Well, they're not laughing anymore! I've lost over 12 pounds and I haven't changed my eating habits one bit. I feel great!”
There were very few negative comments. One had to do with having space to run, which is not the intention of this product. Assembly was difficult for some users. Also, some users prefer to have a sit-down desk in addition for options.
The TrekDesk Treadmill Desk is currently available through Amazon.com. The price is discounted and the item is eligible for free shipping.