Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/cheebles/public_html/holistichomefitness.com/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
A lot is said about the value of aerobics and how great stationary bikes are to get a good aerobic workout. All of it is true, but along with the many benefits of such workouts is that riding a stationary bike like the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle stationary bike, is a great stress reliever and helps you alleviate that stress without reaching for food.
Riding a stationary bike also burns the calories you do eat much faster than just about any other type of aerobic exercise, and does it without the pounding impact to your joints. The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle offers additional advantages over the standard type of upright bike in that it takes all the stress off of your wrists and shoulders that comes with biking in a normal position.
Recumbent bikes like the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle had additional benefits for older riders, people who have health issues, or injuries, or are overweight in that it is easier to get on and off, and you do not have to have balance to stay upright.
Stay at Home and Still Get a Workout
You never have to leave the comfort of your home when you own your own Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle. You can exercise whenever the mood strikes, or your time allows. You aren't constrained due to travel needs, or health club hours, and the weather is never an issue. You can ride even if it's pouring rain, the dark of night, or there's a blizzard outside your door and you are safe, warm and comfortable. You can even watch your favorite TV shows or listen to your favorite music while you exercise to help pass the time.
Features of the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle
- On-Board Display Console: the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle has a convenient on-board display console to provide pertinent information as you work. It shows you the speed and distanced traveled as well as calories burned on an easy to read LCD readout.
- Step Through Frame: Seniors and users with injuries will especially appreciate the open frame that allows you to step into the bike instead of over a large base structure. There's no chance of falling, or tripping while mounting this bike, and you simply sit down as if on a chair.
- Comfort Seating: Recumbent bikes are popular for the easy seating that closely resembles a chair rather than a wedge bike seat, and the Marcy Recumbent bike has a padded back rest to take the strain off of your lower back where pressure is usually placed on an upright stationary or road bike.
- Easy Grip Handles: Unlike upright bikes, or road bikes, the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle has hand bars located directly on either side of the seat so you can steady yourself comfortably while you ride. There is no pressure on the wrists to hold the body upright, and no added tension to the shoulder or upper back area on a recumbent bike.
- Counter balance: The wheels are counter balanced to create even steady pressure, and each pedal has a foot strap to keep your feet in place.
- Easy to Adjust Tension: You can change the level of tension as you ride by simply turning the knob on the front of the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle. It is easy to reach and change the tension without changing positions or stopping your workout.
The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle has several adjustment areas including to let you slide the seat forward, backward, up and down so that the framework fits your body perfectly. It is easy to access and change for multiple users in the household, and provides ergonomic comfort.
Lightweight but Durable
It is easy to move the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle in to position for your workouts whether you want to sit in front of the TV or recline and look out a window as you work. The bike is only 66 pounds and glides easily into place on its transport wheels, and then back again to a storage position.
When the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle arrives in good condition it is a great bike. There are times with any product where some items may arrive damaged, or missing. It can be tough to get a hold of customer service, and there is no stated warranty period. That can be a fairly serious issue, although the bike is low-cost compared to many like it on the market so it may be worth the risk.
User Reviews of the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle
“I love working out on the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle because I don't have to get dressed up, and drive to a gym.”
“Easy to assemble and arrived in great shape.”
“Came missing the foot straps, and haven't been able to get them yet, but otherwise the bike works great.”
“This bike was a gift for my 74 year old mother who is very overweight and wanted me to watch for a exercise bike she could use. The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle fit the bill perfectly and now she is able to exercise safely.”
“I used this machine while recovering from knee surgery and it was invaluable in my recovery. I liked it so much that I continued to use it long after my therapy was over.”
“Very quiet, and I can watch TV while I ride.”
“I love this bike. I found out I had diabetes and I needed to lose weight and get active. Because of a previous back problem, I was worried about being able to do that, but the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle made it possible to do what I had to do, and not feel the pain afterwards.”
For a workout that won't put added stress on your joints or your budget, the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle is a perfect fit. Users of any ability can safely ride this bike and get a healthy workout at home.