Recumbent bikes are a special breed of stationary bike. They provide much more comfortable seating, and a more relaxed body position so you can get a more thorough lower-body workout and increase your heart rate better. The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike is one of the premiere recumbent bikes on the market. It has everything you need for a real workout, and more.
Recumbent bikes are great for anyone who wants a workout, but are especially good for people who are injured, or the elderly, as well as those with arthritis or balance problems. The Nautilus R514 has a more comfortable position, so you're likely to ride longer, however recumbent bikes take up more floor space because they are longer than upright bikes. So if you have very little room for equipment, that may be a drawback for you.
What Makes the Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike Special?
There are many advantages to the Nautilus R514. It has a large, blue LCD backlit control center so you can easily track your progress through the workout. Some of the other features of the control center are:
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor: the chest strap insures an accurate heart rate monitor throughout your workout, not just at certain times if you are holding the grips, or taking time out to test your own pulse. There are grip pulse rate monitors as well, so you can be assured of absolute accuracy at all times. Polar makes the best heart rate monitoring systems for exercise equipment around, and the combination of the Polar monitor and Nautilus' brand name quality you can be sure this is a well-made, long-lasting recumbent bike.
- Programming: The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike comes with 4 pre-set programs to work with, as well as 2 that you can customize to your own desires. Each program tracks your progress, and helps you analyze your efficiency or plan future workouts.
- Electronic Resistance Control: The resistance levels are controlled by your programming so you will not have to mess with tension knobs, or interrupt your workout to figure out what the perfect tension for your current needs are.
- Bio-Metric Comfort: The console of the Nautilus R514 has a convenient fan that is controlled by the needs of your workout just like you can find in the best gym equipment.
- Distance Measurements: The controls can switch between miles and kilometers so that no matter where in the world you are, it will read the way you are used to seeing it. It can even help you train for races if you take part in 5k races or other distance running or biking, you will know how far that is on your exercise bike as well.
Comfort in Design
The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise bike is created with your comfort in mind. It has a multi-point seat with full adjustments and the console is also adjustable for complete ease in use. Lumbar supports that adjust to your back help keep you in the proper position and support that sensitive region, which is especially helpful for anyone experiencing back problems.
For additional creature comforts the Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike has a towel rack to wipe your sweat, a magazine and accessories basket located right beneath your seat for easy reach, and a bottle holder so you can stay hydrated.
The foot pedals are extra large so you won't be slipping off of them mid-stride, and they won't hurt your feet after miles of riding.
Cost and Quality
When it comes to exercise equipment it is hard to beat Nautilus, and the company made sure that it is true for their R514 Recumbent Exercise bike as well. It is a very affordable bike, but it is the top of the line when it comes to recumbent bikes. It has 16 resistence levels, and 17 programs, more than any other except one on the market. The Polar heart rate is exclusive to the Nautilus brand, and it has one of the best warranties on the market as well. There is a 10 year frame warranty, and 2 years on electronics. Parts are covered for 1 year.
Stabilization and Movement
When you have a piece of exercise equipment in your home, the ability to move it around as needed is a very helpful feature. The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise bike has rolling transport wheels to make it easy to move it about the house. It is 119 pounds, and provides excellent stability over more lighter-weight models. A rear stabilizer further strengthens its ability to take a hard workout.
"Everyone in the family loves this bike. The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise Bike is easy to use, and even the youngest in the family can ride it. My husband is very tall, and he's comfortable too. It adjusts to fit everybody."
"I have lower back problems, and using a recumbent bike is the only way I can get exercise in. This bike is so easy to put together, and use that anyone, even if they are limited in their agility can handle it."
"The only thing I can complain about with this bike is that to adjust the seat you have to get off and completely remove the knob. You get used to it though, if there are several people in the house using it."
"The Nautilus R514 is the cheapest exercise bike with a heart monitor, but it is so well-made you'll think you spent a fortune on it."
The Nautilus R514 Recumbent Exercise bike is an excellent addition to any home no matter what skill the user. From beginner to pro, this recumbent bike has it all at a very easy to handle price. Not only will it perform to any expectations, but it comes with one of the most trusted names in health and fitness and delivers the kind of quality you'd expect to find in a gym.