Statistics show that the rate of people dying from heart related diseases have been increasing in numbers which has pretty much scared the cr*p out of me and most others and sent us straight to the treadmill! With this being the start of a New Year, I wanted to get a jump on getting fit without the inevitable crowds and rules you find at the gym so I’ve been researching different home fitness equipment in search of the best ones to buy to set up my own little home gym. The Schwinn 420 elliptical Trainer is one that I kept coming across in my research so I’ve decided to share with you everything that I found out about it in case it’s the one that you’re considering too.
Things That Make a Schwinn 420 Elliptical Worth Considering
Ellipticals have pretty much become a favorite as far as fitness equipment goes because they’re low impact and safe for pretty much anyone to use.
I’ve got issues with my knee so the elliptical is one way that I always manage to get in a good cardio workout without the pain that I get from other machines. There are lots of people in the same boat so if you’re one of them, then the elliptical is probably your safest bet for low impact cardio.
Another great thing about elliptical trainers that makes them worth considering for your home gym is that they can be used by pretty much anyone in your household regardless of their level of fitness or issues like what we just talked about. So, if you’re looking for a machine that your whole family can use, then the elliptical is probably it.
The Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer offers up a lot of great features. Here are the key features that you’ll want to know about:
- The machine comes with 16 computer-controlled resistance levels. In addition to that, it has also12 programs giving you more workout options to choose from. Of these 12 programs, 6 are user-profile programs. It also comes with one fitness test, and another one custom workout.
- Schwinn 420 elliptical trainer boasts of its quick start functions. This feature allows you to change your resistance level at the same time that you are exercising. Thus, this also gives you the chance to challenge yourself by moving forward to the next level.
- The machine is equipped with 18-inch stride for that natural feel. On the contrary, the trainer's BioFit design is able to provide the user with more comfort because of its ultra comfy pads. The handlebars are also very comfortable.
- Looking at Schwinn 420 elliptical trainer’s handlebar will tell you that it comes with a grip heart rate monitoring. This means that you can keep track of your heart rate while working out without really having to do anything other than hold the bars and workout. Easy-peasy!
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer
Up close and personal with Schwinn 420 will reveal that this machine has a lot to offer.
- Linkages have been designed biomechanically to ensure the user’s maximum comfort. This is also employed to provide the user with an elliptical path that is natural.
- Breaking the monotony f the routine can now come easy through the machine’s ergonomic handles. As such, one can have multiple workout positions. Even the handlebars can either be set fixed or moving.
- The product’s maker made it a point to install a perimeter weight flywheel that will result to a higher inertia paving the way for a workout that is consistent and smooth.
- As an added feature, there is a water holder where one can have his drink anytime. Exercising can keep you dehydrated. Why step out of your routine and go to the fridge when you can have one ready in front of you?
- This machine is really durable and useful. For one, it is able to provide you with a rack for your magazines.
- Transporting Schwinn 420 elliptical trainer from one place to another can be done easily. Thus, if you want to have some privacy you can easily transfer it to your room.
- The machine is equipped with an Eddy Current Brake resistance system. As such, you are assured that stopping the machine while on a routine will not make you lounge forward and get hit by the handlebars.
- Schwinn 20 elliptical trainers are strong enough that it can even accommodate a user with a maximum weight of 300lbs.
The machine comes with a 5-year warranty as far as frame is concerned and a one year warranty is given for parts and electronics.
It also gives a warranty of 3 months for both wear parts and labor.
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Reviews
After reading hundreds of reviews of the Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer, I am pretty confident that this machine is a good option. The majority of reviewers on Amazon.com gave it a 5 star rating, with 4 stars being the next most popular consensus. There was constant mention of its ease and convenience and most reported that it was really easy to put together. I was also impressed to find how many people commented on how smooth the machine works, because I’ve had my fair share of experiences with home work out items that were anything but smooth and easy!
The price was another positive that was pointed out over and over again. And, since price is extremely important to most of us, I wanted to share some of the comments I came across regarding price:
“Overall you will not be disappointed with this machine especially at this price. It looks good, makes you work out hard and keeps you in shape. I'm short (5′ 2″) and my husband's 6′ but we both find the size of this machine suiting.”
“All in all, a very good value for the price, hence the five stars…”
“All in all. For the price (599.00 + free shipping) this is a great deal and a very good Elliptical in my opinion.”
Any negative points about this treadmill?
A few reviews pointed out that the Schwinn 420 does not come with a water bottle holder like the listing states. And, the console is apparently confusing for some people to understand/read/operate according to a small few. Aside from that, the reviews were all pretty favorable.
You can read a bunch of reviews on the Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer at Amazon.com.
Where to Buy the Schwinn 420 Elliptical
The Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainers are sold in stores that carry fitness equipment as well as through a few online retailers. Amazon.com seems to have the best deal on it though, plus they offer free shipping on it which means huge savings given that this is a fairly large and heavy item to deliver.
Check out our reviews of the other Elliptical Trainers from Schwinn: